USAA Insurance Claims
Dealing with USAA: Understanding Your Rights in an Insurance Claim
As a major player in the car insurance market across the United States, USAA offers insurance to military families, providing coverage and support to those in the military and their family members. Based in San Antonio, Texas, the company has gained recognition for its connection with the military. However, it is important to recognize that USAA, like any other corporation, prioritizes earning money and may try to minimize the settlement amount for your claim.
At Kaplan Young law firm, we have extensive experience dealing with USAA and have gathered valuable insights and knowledge throughout our interactions. Our personal injury attorneys have encountered various scenarios and can provide you with the guidance you need to navigate the complexities of dealing with USAA effectively.
It should be noted that USAA, like many insurance companies, employs a computer-based program called Colossus to evaluate accident claims for settlement. However, this program tends to undervalue claims, and the quality of your legal representation can play a role in determining the settlement offer you receive. USAA’s evaluation of no-fault and underinsured claims is also subject to scrutiny, especially considering the company’s settlement history involving allegations of denying medical benefits to injured policyholders.
USAA has been found to attempt to delay making a reasonable settlement offer until a lawsuit is filed or a trial is near. However, our experience has shown that they prefer to avoid trials, and the mere filing of a lawsuit against USAA often leads to a significant increase in settlement offers. As trial dates approach, insurance companies take a more critical look at their defense strategies, and settlement amounts tend to increase.
If you have a property damage claim or a personal injury protection claim and need to contact USAA, we recommend obtaining their phone number to ensure direct communication with the appropriate representative. Additionally, understanding the location of the adjuster handling your case can provide valuable information regarding the claims process.
Navigating the complexities of USAA insurance claims requires experience and a thorough understanding of the system. Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to fighting for your rights and helping you obtain a fair settlement.
What Should I Consider When Determining How Much My Claim is Worth?
Unfortunately, car accidents can cost drivers substantial amounts of time, money, and effort. If you have been involved in a car accident, it may be crucial for you to determine what minimum amount you would be willing to accept before entering the insurance negotiation room. Insurance adjusters are skilled at mitigating their company’s responsibility. Undeniably, your insurance company will try to pay you the least amount possible. Unfortunately, this may leave you with unresolved damages and bills. When determining what your claim is worth, there are a few factors that you should consider:
- Physical injuries
- Associated trauma
- Vehicle damage
- Actions of the responsible driver
- Your mitigation efforts
- Cause of the accident
- Resulting medical bills
- Permanent bodily harm
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
While this list is not exhaustive, it may serve as an important starting point for your calculations. Notably, calculating damages in a car accident settlement suit can be a daunting task. An experienced car accident attorney may be able to help you calculate these damages and get the highest settlement offer possible.
How Can Kaplan Young Law Firm Help Me Get a Settlement for a Car Accident with USAA?
While going to trial may be necessary in some cases, many car accident victims prefer to settle their claims outside of court for various reasons. Accepting a settlement offer can help victims move forward and recover from the accident more quickly compared to going through a trial. If you’re interested in settling your car accident claim with USAA, a car accident settlement attorney from Kaplan Young Law Firm may be able to assist you. Here’s how they can help:
- Determine Fault Assigning fault in a car accident isn’t always straightforward. However, determining fault is crucial for seeking legal compensation for injuries and damages. Negligence standards and fault allocation laws vary from state to state. Some states operate under “no-fault” insurance systems, where personal injury protection covers the injured policyholder regardless of fault. A car accident settlement attorney can help you understand your state’s liability laws and identify the responsible party.
- Navigate the Filing Process USAA has specific procedures for filing insurance claims. Even if you’re not a USAA customer, you may need to follow their filing requirements to receive compensation. An experienced personal injury attorney can help expedite this process by ensuring timely completion and submission of the necessary paperwork.
- Assess Your Damages Calculating damages can be challenging, especially for those unfamiliar with the insurance system. A car accident attorney can help you evaluate various types of damages, including uncommon ones. Consulting with a professional can ensure you consider all potential damages available to you.
- Negotiate a Fair Settlement Dealing with large insurance companies like USAA requires experience and knowledge of the law, especially when negotiating a fair settlement. An experienced lawyer can represent you in negotiations with the insurance company to seek a just settlement.
Get Help from Kaplan Young Law Firm’s Car Accident Settlement Attorneys
Car accidents can have a significant impact on victims’ lives and livelihoods. These cases often involve substantial amounts of money and require an understanding of state laws regarding liability and fault allocation. If you’ve been involved in a car accident with USAA, it’s essential to contact a lawyer who handles USAA car accident settlements promptly. An experienced attorney can help you seek legal recourse for accident-related damages and negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
At Kaplan Young Law Firm, our team has the necessary knowledge and resources to help you pursue the maximum compensation possible. The sooner you reach out to our office, the better chance we have of assisting you.
If you or a loved one has suffered damages in a car accident involving USAA, call Kaplan Young Law Firm at 702-381-8888 for a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers.